Monday, January 24, 2011

UNCG Life - till Week 2

Life starts get boring, so I start to read. And it’s even more boring when I start to read ‘Ackoff’s Best’. With pages of concepts and definitions in the beginning, I found it hard to continue. Or, it’s due to my laziness cultivated in the past month. What’s lucky in the unlucky is the book gets more interesting, which is good for my mind.

On campus, life is not as rich as what was in high school. At least in high school, I was fighting for CUHK, now I am chilling out pretty much everyday. Wake up, talk with friends, eat buffet in dinning hall, surf Internet and sleep. Seems nothing is better than HK, except the air is fresher. Oh, I missed one thing, Rec Center, the gym of our university, is a nice one.














It’s like a muscle produce factory. It is roughly tens of times bigger than UC gym in the way I love. Though American people are as fast as they could, still quite a few of them go to burn calories on the machines. ‘~~~, ~~~’ BUZZ comes to me the time I step in. And people are running, weighing and sweating. I just can’t help associating this scenery with what we were in Cultural Revolution, Funny and Stupid. What’s even funnier is that I, too, join the muscle making and calories-burning. I feel that I am doing surgery on my body, mostly arms and belly rather than on my face where Korean girls spend more time on. Anyway, it’s not bad though.

Wait, I missed another thing, party. Anyone who heard about American or western culture will know it is the most common entertainment for college students. Why? I just figured out the reason: campus is diabolically boring, party is the best relief ;)

I’m now excited about what is coming this week, the voluntary work I participate. In the program, I will give basic training and teaching to those Latinos and refugees from different countries around the world. And it will be more!!

2 weeks passed, 10 more weeks are on their way. Enjoy the life

No comments:

Post a Comment